CENIBRA Institute’s mission is to support citizenship, collective well-being, social development, economic growth and improvement of the quality of living of those communities located within the area of influence of CENIBRA and affiliated and controlled companies.
CENIBRA Institute’s principles
To implement actions focused on the economic and social development by means of income and job generation programs, education and environmental protection.
To support authentic, legitimate initiatives by the communities located within the area of influence of CENIBRA and its affiliated and controlled companies.
To give priority to initiatives by non-government organizations duly registered and enjoying real representativeness.
– To promote permanent dialogue and keep communication channels with the communities with an aim to highlight and enhance the relations with the various society segments in the towns within the company’s area of influence.
– To positively interact with both government and non-government organizations, particularly in the frame of projects and actions in line with the Institute’s Mission and Principles.
– To promote the integration of service and goods suppliers, customers and employees as partners and agents co-responsible for the implementation of the policies of the Institute members in their relations with the community.
– To identify and improve synergies, and act as a catalyzing agent in projects and actions to the benefit of the inhabitants of towns located within the company’s area of influence.
– To set up partnerships with both government and non-government organizations to implement projects and actions with an aim to promote regional development.
– To foster employees’ voluntary participation in the Institute’s projects and actions.
Examples of Projects:
By entering into rural partnership agreements with municipalities and rural workers’ unions, CENIBRA makes available agriculture areas to small producers. Expert guidance is provided by EMATER (Rural Technology Support Company of Minas Gerais state).
CENIBRA has allocated to this project four areas in four different counties (Belo Oriente, Ipaba, Santana do Paraíso and Virginópolis), totaling 250 hectares and involving around 300 families.
CENIBRA keeps 10% of the crop and pass them onto welfare entities in the region.
Partnerships with Beekeepers
CENIBRA is engaged in partnership agreements with several beekeepers associations, in the frame of which the Company makes available eucalyptus areas and native forests for the installation of beehives. New jobs and additional income are among the benefits of this project of great social, economic and environmental significance.
From the environmental standpoint, beekeepers cooperate with CENIBRA in monitoring the areas against forest fires, as well as predatory hunting and fishing, while using nature as their source of raw material. Beehive location is georeferenced. In order to be given access to the company’s areas beekeepers and their vehicles bear an identification tag.
Nowadays, seven beekeepers associations participate in the program. CENIBRA’s 5% share of the honey production is donated to local welfare entities. This program enjoys technical support by EMATER (Rural Technology Support Company of Minas Gerais state).
For believing that Social Responsibility brings undeniable benefits to employees in terms of self-esteem, with the resulting positive impacts on the workplace, and fosters team spirit, creativity and solidarity, CENIBRA is engaged in an in-house volunteer program.
Since 2003, CENIBRA Institute has supported the Municipal Councils of Children and Adolescents Rights in the towns within the Company’s area of influence. The Efficient Council project promotes capacity-building of council members and seeks to reinforce the communication process, information socialization and strategies to consolidate the Council role in the control of public policies.
The Citizenship and Action Project is a social promotion partnership between CENIBRA and the Lions Club of Ipatinga, municipalities and other service entities. Its target public is both adult and child population living in the communities around CENIBRA’s plant, whose socioeconomic indicators are unsatisfactory.
This Project provides assistance in the fields of health, education, citizenship, social cooperation and child entertainment, thus helping to improve the quality of living of those communities located within CENIBRA’s area of influence.